Re: Oracle and Non-Green Card Indians

From: David Smith at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo <smith_at_netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 1994 08:53:08 GMT

David.Heller_at_sybase.com wrote:

: Mr. Smith, your attitude smacks of the same anti-competitive, protectionist
: beliefs that previously allowed and led Detroit automakers to almost go out
: of business and to produce products like the Ford Pinto, the Chevy Vega and
: numerous old Chrysler products.

Yes, those protectionists were against the massive importation of non-Green card Indians to Oracle Corporation, with so many American computer science grads underemployed/unemployed, too, were'nt they.

: If you can't compete at labor prices determined by supply and demand in the
: software industry, then go flip burgers at McDonalds. Please stop taking out
: your frustrations on this newsgroup. This is the internet, not the argue-net.
That's what it's all about David Heller. Everyone is just like you. They only post regarding their own self-interest. It would be impossible for a post to be just about right and wrong. And yes, no one ever argues on the internet, as you so correctly point out. That's why I can't comprehend why you are arguing for the massive importation of Indians, via an immigration loophole, for employment by Oracle Corporation, the arch rival of your employer, Sybase. I guess you just are the argumentative type, willing to disregard internet rules. And I have yet to hear you speak up for a massive hiring of Indians by Sybase.

: You are not winning any converts to your views, as far as I can tell.

I have recieved private email from many who are against Oracle's policy, but they cannot speak out here, for fear of not getting an answer from the brainwashed Oraclites, to their next question about a SQL*Forms or Pro*C bug.

: By the way, are you at all related to that "paragon" of business wisdom named
: Roger Smith, former chairman of General Motors, whose "leadership" almost
: drove GM into the grave???

No, I am a direct descendant of your hero, Adam Smith.

: In article <smithD00ypv.7s4_at_netcom.com>, <smith_at_netcom.com> writes:
: > Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle
: > From: smith_at_netcom.com ( David Smith at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo)
: > Subject: Re: Oracle and Non-Green Card Indians
: > Date: Tue, 29 Nov 1994 10:34:43 GMT
: >
: > Andrew McConnell (mcconnel_at_source.asset.com) wrote:
: > : In article <smithCzrIM4.L8w_at_netcom.com>,
: > : David Smith at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo <smith_at_netcom.com> wrote:

: > : >
: > : >We love to here from you ungrateful foreigners. .
: > : >

: > : Try looking up the word "here", then look up the word "hear", before
: > : you embarass yourself even further. Gee, I wonder why you can't find
: > : a job.
: >
: > Wow, that is quite an embarassment. And after I proofread that post
: > a hundred times. Face it Andrew, when you look for spelling errors, you are
: > showing that your argument is bankrupt.
: >
: > : I do hope that the international community that reads this group
: > : understands that you are repellent to the majority of Americans.
: >
: > On the contrary, my friend. The massive importation of the third world, would
: > never pass a popular vote. Remember, not everyone says the little
: > politically correct mantras of you and your yuppie friends, as you sip
: > coffee in the quaint cafes on the best side of town, in cities far away from
: > the effects of the massive importation of the third world hordes desperately
: > fleeing their wretched homelands.
: >
: > : --
: > : Andrew McConnell "Ford!" he said, "there's an infinite number
 of
: > : Voice: (304) 594-9819 monkeys outside who want to talk to us about
 this
: > : FAX: (304) 594-3951 script for 'Hamlet' they've worked out."
: > : mcconnel_at_source.asset.com -- Arthur Dent