Re: Oracle executables won't start

From: Feico de Boer <feicodb_at_baan.nl>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 1994 08:47:00 GMT

In article <D0EDrz.Aq3_at_baan.nl>, feicodb_at_baan.nl (Feico de Boer) writes:

|> Can someone help me with the following error?
|>
|> $ sqlplus
|> Could not load program sqlplus
|> Could not load library libkidn.a[shr.o]
|> Error was: No such file or directory
|> $
|> $ uname -a
|> AIX egede 2 3 000077677000
|> $
|>
|> Which product did I forget to install, Oracle or IBM.

Not that I want to make a habbit of following up on myself, but I managed somehow to fix the problem.

What I did was 'ln -s /usr/lib/libc.a /usr/lib/libkidn.a'. Is this normal? I couldn't find any notice of this in the manuals.

Greetings,

--
 |  Feico de Boer                      |  Baan Development B.V.            |