Re: Oracle executables won't start

From: Lee E Parsons <lparsons_at_world.std.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 1994 20:28:14 GMT

In article <D0EDrz.Aq3_at_baan.nl>, Feico de Boer <feicodb_at_baan.nl> wrote:
>$ sqlplus
>Could not load program sqlplus
>Could not load library libkidn.a[shr.o]

                          ^^

>Error was: No such file or directory
>$ uname -a
>AIX egede 2 3 000077677000
>
>Which product did I forget to install, Oracle or IBM.

Neither. You need to recompile your executables. If I remember correctly there is a ORACLE for AIX installation tape that comes with decnet compiled into the executables. If you dont have decnet (does anybody?) then it doesn't work.

Regardless of the particulars, remake all the executables from orainst and give it another wack.

--
Regards,

Lee E. Parsons
Systems Oracle DBA	 			lparsons_at_world.std.com