Re: SQLWIN to ORACLE7

From: Chuah Teik Chye <chuah_at_sam.po.my>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 94 04:12:09 GMT

In article <3c1mrb$c08_at_merlion.singnet.com.sg> tanmy_at_merlion.singnet.com.sg writes:

>Anyone out there uses SQLWIN to connect to ORACLE 7.1?
>

>Well, i managed to use SQLTALK to connect to ORacle 7.1 DB
>but I can't do it through QUEST...wonder why???
>
>Someone out there tried before????

We tried it before with Gupta's SQL*Windows to Oracle v7.0.15. I believe you have to add additional lines into the SQL.INI file + run a script file under the Oracle SYS id to create views and synonyms which is required by Quest. Script file is provided by Gupta.

Rgds,
chuahtc Received on Wed Dec 07 1994 - 05:12:09 CET

Original text of this message