Re: Dropping Users?

From: Larry Fishman <larryf_at_teleport.com>
Date: 6 Dec 1994 13:34:53 -0800

In Oracle 7, it's
DROP username CASCADE;

From what I remember, in Oracle 6, even after you remove all user objects and revoke privileges, you will still have usernames in DBA_USERS. Janet Cohen (jc6n+_at_andrew.cmu.edu) wrote:
: I'm in an academic environment where Oracle is used for teaching only.
: As network adminstrator, I installed and made sure Oracle is working,
: and I create the user accounts used for the database management class.
: That's the extent of my Oracle knowledge.

: At the end of each semester, I need to remove the student's Oracle
: accounts. I understand how to revoke their rights. But I cannot figure
: out from the manuals I have how to actually drop those accounts, PLUS
: any objects/links, or whatever they may have created. Can anyone help
: me?

: (The course instructor does not know how to administer Oracle.)

: Thanks,
: - Janet

--
larryf_at_teleport.COM