Backups/RBSegs

From: <simard_at_vax.sonoma.edu>
Date: 6 Dec 94 13:45:51 -0800

Hi all,

This was also posted to ORACLE-L, so it may be a repeat for some.

Having just reread all what the Admin. Guides have to say about backups, it appears that if a tablespace contains ONLY Rollback Segs it would not have to be backed up - no matter what the backup type is. Has anybody found this to be not true, assuming of course that I can recreate the tablespaces and the RBSegs from scripts in the event of failure.

The reason I would like to skip them is that we have our backups completely automated running during the wee hours and now I would like to avoid a second tape - no operator to mount it. We are running both 6 & 7 instances under VMS.

Thanks for any advise you may have
Ernie Received on Tue Dec 06 1994 - 22:45:51 CET

Original text of this message