Re: Oracle and Non-Green Card Indians

From: David Smith at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo <smith_at_netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 1994 07:46:50 GMT

Robert (Oracle-AU) Bagnall (rbagnall_at_us.oracle.com) wrote:
: smith_at_netcom.com ( David Smith at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo) writes:
: >in any significant numbers, and nothing limited about talking about the
: >decline in those societies.

: You're saying that these people caused the decline of those
: societies ??

: I would really like to see you back that up !

I would like to see you prove that they haven't contributed to the decline.

: >You need to prove that the Nguyens have made Australia a better place to live.

: Now, have the Nguyens made a better place to live? Since the
: economics of the situation is very complex, I can only comment on
: the social situation. These people have enriched the local
: culture and have added significantly to the community.
: I feel that we're far better off with them than without them.

I look forward to the day when Nguyen is not the fasted growing name in the Australian telephone book, but the most common name in the book. With only 16 million in Australia, you had better hurry and learn Vietnamese, as I doubt that the Vietnamese majority will support English as the official language. Do you have any pets?

: On the economic side, all I can say is that our policies have
: helped us be accepted into Asia, so much so, that Australia
: is now part of an Asian free trade block.

Have you refused to accept Asia, until they take in Australians? I doubt very much if resource rich Australia, only got in good with Asian trading partners, because they decided to start taking in some of the desperate Asian hordes, fleeing their wretched homelands.

: - Robert.

: Robert Bagnall | "Baldric, that is the worst plan since Abe Lincoln
: Oracle World Wide Support|said to his wife, <I'm sick of sitting around the
: 324 St. Kilda Rd |house, let's catch a show>"
: Melbourne, Australia 3004| - Edmund Blackadder, BA4