Re: SERVICES file. Was: Help needed: SQL*Net over Winsocket

From: Juha Karppanen <kymmene.ka.karppju_at_elvi.vtkk.fi>
Date: 5 Dec 1994 09:49:24 GMT

In article <kvisli.32.000A6FE8_at_tdh.no>, kvisli_at_tdh.no (Jon Kvisli) says:

>What I found out was that the "orasrv 1525/tcp" line had to be placed as THE
>FIRST LINE in the C:\WINSOCK\SERVICES file!!!! If it was not the first line,
>SQL*Net did not find it and reported a failure. I hope that Oracle is the only
>SW vendor producing such a bug, as it will be difficult with more "first line
>products" in the same SERVICES file ( :--> ).
>
>Have anyone experienced the same (with SQL*Net 1.1)?

I don't think that the BUG is ORACLE's fault. The problem probably is in your network software. I have here DEC's Pathworks network clients configured for tcp/ip and in sqlnet configuration the selection is 3COM's network via winsock and I had no such problems as you do.

        Juha Karppanen Received on Mon Dec 05 1994 - 10:49:24 CET

Original text of this message