12/4 - Announcing: Free - The IS Connection - A guide to IS Opportunity

From: A.E. Hirsch <ehirsch_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 4 Dec 1994 18:26:20 GMT

Announcing The IS Connection - A guide to IS Opportunity

Thank you for your interest in downloading the free shareware version of The IS Connection.

The free shareware version of The IS Connection is a directory of who’s who in informationservices for 5 of the largest companies in New England. The shareware version contains 37 contact names for the following companies: Bank of Boston, Fleet Bank, Putnam, Reebok and Stride Rite. Each person listed in this database is repsonsible for major IS development projects. Along with names, telephone numbers and address, we have included valuable system and project information. For these companies, we have identified system tools such as Sybase, PowerBuilder, Oracle, Lotus Notes etc as well as software applications. Project agenda includes: data warehousing, decision support, and IT strategy etc.

The free shareware version of the IS Connection is a wonderful tool for:

Consultants who do buisness in New England - You can identify new prospects and make informed presentations. Look creatively at the information. When you see a company with new client/server tools such as PowerBuilder and Sybase and you also note older tools such as CICS, you are looking at a company in transition. More then likely, there is significant opportunity. When looking at the project agenda and you note data warehousing or decision support - this means that the company is changing its organizational structure. More people will be empowered to make decisions. Assumptions can include: an increase in the number of desktops and users - this could mean training and hardware sales and networking opportunities. When you see IT strategy - this indicates that the company is looking at client/server and has not selected tools, or developed a plan how to implement changes of this magnitude. For those of you specializing in strategy and such things as business process reengineering or workflow, opportunities abound.

Independent Contractors - you can find companies who are developing applications with tools that you specialize in.

Consultants not in New England - you can identify companies who are competitors with your existing clients and show your clients what the competition is doing. This could lead to additional projects for you.

Professionals currently in transition (unemployed) - look creatively at the information. When you see projects such as decision support, the organization is changing. Be creative and try to anticipate what the changes might be and the impact they will have on an organization. Show them how you can help smooth the transition issues. Look at the technologies - maybe you have had previous success where a company is about to embark on new technology.

IS Professionals - this is a wonderful showcase for you to highlight your own career. If you would like to be added to The IS Connection, feel free to contact us.

We sincerely hope that the shareware version of The IS Connection brings you success.

To Download: ftp.destek.net/shareware/IS-Connect
(Note: IS and C are capitalized) - Please make sure that you download 2
files. minidb.txt and readme.txt

It is our intention to introduce the shareware version of the IS Connection. Many of you will note when reading the readme.txt file that there is a commercial version of The IS Connection. Some of you will be interested in acquiring it and many of you won't. It is not our intention to abuse the Net. We feel that the sharewawre version is a legitmate resource and stands as such on its own.

Highway Access Corporation
1212 Boylston Street
Suite 215
Chestnut Hill, MA 02167
(617) 782-4970

ehirsch_at_ix.netcom.com

Thanks again for your interest. I am sure that once you take a stroll around the free shareware version of The IS Connection, you will find that it is one of the most useful and valuable tools of its kind.

Finally, if you truly find The IS Connection to be valuable, would you please share this information with others. We appeciate it. Received on Sun Dec 04 1994 - 19:26:20 CET

Original text of this message