Re: DDE : Forms 4 to Wordperfect

From: JamesF5088 <jamesf5088_at_aol.com>
Date: 4 Dec 1994 09:10:12 -0500

In article <3adh1d$jgq_at_dcsun4.us.oracle.com>, mmurugan_at_oracle.com (Murali Murugan) writes:

|> I am calling Wordperfect6.0 (for windows) from Forms 4 (MS windows)
 using
|> DDE commands: (I want to be able to start WP, and then call various
 macros)

|> DDE.App_Begin(AppId,"WPWIN60.EXE");
|> ConvId := DDE.Initiate("WPWIN60","COMMANDS",1000);
|> DDE.Execute(ConvId,"PlayMacroFile "Macro1"");
|>
|> The first command works and Wordperfect is started, but SQL DDE
|> exceptions occur at the second line. Does anyone have some examples of
|> DDE syntax used between Forms and WP, or does anyone know where I could
 find
|> documentation on this ???

I spent several weeks trying to get DDE to work with WordPefect 5.2 with absolutely no success and no help from WordPerfect Corp. I've sucessfully gotten Forms DDE to work with many other DDE compliant applications. My solution to the WordPerfect impasse was to buy Wilson WindowWare's WINBATCH compiler. WinBatch allowed me to call it from my forms applications and have it start WordPerfect and pass all the necessary commands. WinBatch has helped automate many other areas and is well worth it's small investment in $$ and learning it macro language.    Received on Sun Dec 04 1994 - 15:10:12 CET

Original text of this message