Re: Trigger on SELECT

From: Lawrence James <James.Lawrence_at_epamail.epa.gov>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 1994 15:26:26 GMT

In article <3b4u04$ps8_at_apakabar.cc.columbia.edu> sb63_at_aloha.cc.columbia.edu (Semyon Basin) writes:
>From: sb63_at_aloha.cc.columbia.edu (Semyon Basin)
>Subject: Trigger on SELECT
>Date: 25 Nov 1994 14:57:08 GMT

>Hi, Netters!
>We have a READ ONLY ORACLE Database which is updated monthly.
>Is there any way i can find out what kind of activity is going on during
>the month. All access is going through SQL*PLUS or SQL*BROWSER from the
>client.
>We are running ORACLE 7.0.16 on DEC Ultrix.
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>I'm sorry if it's a FAQ question, but i can not get a hold on it.

Use auditing. You can create audit records at whatever level of tracking you want. Be careful, lots of auditing will slow down your system. In similar situations I have audited one or two central tables at the session level. This will give you an idea of how often people are looking at the data.

Lawrence...... Received on Fri Dec 02 1994 - 16:26:26 CET

Original text of this message