Forms v3 Query Questions

From: Jeff Hansen <jhanse1_at_abacus.tis.tandy.com>
Date: 2 Dec 1994 21:12:45 GMT

Howdy all,

I have a query processing question for the Forms experts out there.

I have a system we are converting from COBOL code to the Oracle Forms v3 environment. The system includes a vendor purchase order module, receiving module, and accounts payable module.

I would like to set up a form that the users use to create vouchers in accounts payable based on receipts. The accounts payable tables include information that should be pulled directly from the receiving tables for easier modification.

I want the form to start in query mode. When the user pulls up a receiving record, I want the form to first look to see if the receiver already has a voucher created on the accounts payable table. If it does not, I want to query the corresponding records for the receiving tables into the A/P tables.

I am having major difficulties on this conditional query. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff.Hansen_at_tandy.com Received on Fri Dec 02 1994 - 22:12:45 CET

Original text of this message