Re: sqlforms and reportwriter problems

From: Eric Pierce <sac50216_at_saclink1.csus.edu>
Date: 2 Dec 1994 22:42:08 GMT

Ken Ford (ken_at_cais.cais.com) wrote:

: Hello all:

: I am trying to install sqlforms 3.0 and reportwriter 1.1.X. As you might
: guess, I am having problems. With sqlforms, the following error messages
: is displayed when I try to create a "NEW" form:

: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

: It should be noted that I CAN load an existing form. It is only when I try
: to create a NEW from that I run into problems.

: With ReportWrite, I get the following error message after I log on:

: Unable to access the SQL *ReportWriter V1.1 tables. They must be installed in
: your account, or you must be granted access to them, before using SQLREP.

: System info:

: Sun SPARC station 10
: Sun OS 4.1.3
: Oracle 7.1

: Thanks in advance from someone new to Oracle and Oracle Admin.

: ...Ken
: --

: Kenneth C. Ford (Ken) |I love deadlines. I like the whooshing
: ken_at_cais.com |sound they make as they fly by.
: fordke_at_ssed1.ims.disa.mil | --Douglas Adams

Hi,

I had the same problem a while ago. I actually got help from Oracle tech support.

On my Oracle v6 installation there is a formins.bat file to build the extended data dictionary components necessary to create a new form.

There is also a srwins.bat (for the report writer?).

You must have the Oracle system manager (DBA) password to run these.

Both fire off a series of SQL statement files that you should find under the Oracle system subdirectories. See your tools install documentation for the specifics for you platform?

Let me know if you want me to email the contents of the above.

EP

PierceED_at_csus.edu Received on Fri Dec 02 1994 - 23:42:08 CET

Original text of this message