Re: Low cost C to Oracle communications needed.

From: Tim Smith <tssmith_at_netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 1994 11:38:02 GMT

khhunt_at_ss3.magec.com (Kevin H. Hunt x7343) writes:
> What do I need to write C programs that make ORACLE
>sql calls to send and receive data. What is PRO*C, is it free???

Pro*C/C++ (new name) is a precompiler, that processes C or C++ code containing embedded SQL statements. It is not free.

Oracle's API to the server is called the Oracle Call Interface (OCI). It is "free", in the sense that the library (which, along with the manual, is all you need) does come with the Oracle server. You can use the OCI with C or C++, and, on some platforms, COBOL or FORTRAN.

--Tim (tssmith_at_oracle.com) Received on Fri Dec 02 1994 - 12:38:02 CET

Original text of this message