Re: Help! OraPerl isn't working with Oracle 7.1

From: Arul Ganeswaran <arul_at_pts.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 1994 06:03:58 GMT

In article <jdennisD01J8F.CIp_at_netcom.com>, jdennis_at_netcom.com (John Dennis) writes:
> Hello,
>
> If we can't get oraperl to work with Oracle 7.1, we're in trouble. We've
> had oraperl 2.4 installed and running scripts just fine with Oracle 7.0.
> However, after rebuilding oraperl due to Oracle 7.0 -> 7.1 upgrade (and
> it did compile after using the tweaked Makefile we used when building it
> for Oracle 7.0), scripts get a "fetch out of sequence" error when
> executing &ora_fetch(). &ora_login and &ora_open seem to work OK. We
> tried one of the simple oraperl "test" scripts, and no, it didn't work
> either.
>
> Could somebody *please* give me some tips/hints about what to do or where
> to look for help?
>
> Sincerely,
>

> - John
> (email to return address {jdennis_at_netcom.com} or post to this newsgroup)

I had the same problem and after about a week of trying everything, I found out how to solve it. The problem is being caused by linking in the non-deferred mode. Re-link oraperl in deffered mode and things should be OK.

To link in the deffered mode, do NOT include '$(ORACLE_HOME)/rdbms/lib/kpundf.o' in the list of oracle libraries.

Regards,

--
Arul Ganeswaran                               Phone: +65-4862059
Motorola Electronics Pte. Ltd.                  Fax: +65-4812840