Re: Import into a different tablespace

From: Rory Reynoldson <rory_at_cronus>
Date: 30 Nov 1994 21:33:39 GMT

In article <CzzMxD.Lxr_at_nl.oracle.com>, cgohring_at_uk.oracle.com wrote:
>And realize while you are doing it that it is completelly unsupported.

 <Various comments/revokes/grants deleted>

>Now perform the import.

	(Wouldn't you also want to set default tablespace for the user to
	 be the tablespace you want the tables to be loaded into?)

	Unsupported? Perl? By Oracle? Yes. By the Internet community? No

	I love Oracle, but quite frankly Oracle does not have to tools
	or options to handle EVERY contingency. I would LOVE an option on
	imp to be able to interactively pick the tablespace or the user
	to assign each database object to. But, with 15 years of database
	experience the only thing they have put in is fromuser and touser.
	(Any chance you can suggest this?)

	Besides this, I would argue that changing the database to fix a
	problem with a data file (This IS what an export is) is not my
	idea of safely fixing problems (less experienced DBA's could just
	introduce more problems).

	Rory Reynoldson
	rory_at_cronus.gallup.com

PS: Yes, I am at heart a system administrator talked into being also a

    database administrator:-) And I get faster/better support from the     Internet community on Oracle issues than I do from Oracle.     (No offense intended, as I get better support from the Internet on     HP and Sun and <fill in> issues than I do from any of those vendors) Received on Wed Nov 30 1994 - 22:33:39 CET

Original text of this message