Passing values to a Pro*C report???

From: <kkc_at_nauvax.ucc.nau.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 1994 19:41:59 GMT

Hello again!!

I am attempting to write a unix script to kick off a Pro*C report - I think I am just confused about the proper syntax and all the examples I have are from rpt or rpf which we are not using. At the unix prompt, I can type finreport and this reports executes. However, it asks for the 3 variables it needs to run (date, seq#, and lines per page) - my question is, how do I pass these three values to this report so that it can run at midnight with no one here at the keyboard?? I have tried the following

finreport "date" seq# lines

and

finreport
"date"
seq#
lines

but my script still waits until the user inputs these values. What is the syntax for passing this script these values? What would it look like if I wanted to pass it 3 carriage returns??

Thanks for any wisdom you may offer!!
please respond to kcarmich_at_coco.cc.az.us Kathy Carmichael
Coconino County Community College
Flagstaff, AZ Received on Wed Nov 30 1994 - 20:41:59 CET

Original text of this message