Re: orasrv Dying on HP - Any info Welcome

From: Rob Smith <Rob_Smith_at_nnsgq02.lon40.nt.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 1994 17:38:21 GMT

In article <3bdj46$eno_at_ef2007.efhd.ford.com>, Jeff L'Huillier <jlhuilli_at_ef0424.efhd.ford.com> wrote:

> We have been having problems with orasrv (v1) dying on our HP box
> and thought I would post to see if anyone else had/is having a
> similar problem.

<deleted>

> I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions.
> It's ok to post but email reply would be better. Thanx

We also run this sort of HP and oracle stuff and thankfully haven't hit this problem. However I notice that orasrv on HP supports some less well known options. In your circumstances I would try running orasrv with the 'forkon' option. This should create a separate orasrv process to handle each login and hopefully only the child will lock up and not the server. Maybe it could even fix it :-)

Rob Smith.
Currently homeless and somewhere probably unreachable in the depths of Northern Telecom. But should be available at rob_at_meadway.demon.co.uk from midnight tonight onwards (have just taken out personal connection). Received on Tue Nov 29 1994 - 18:38:21 CET

Original text of this message