Re: Locked sessions

From: Kim Ng <kimmng_at_pebbles.uswnvg.com>
Date: 29 Nov 1994 17:37:53 GMT

Make sure that all cursors, if any, are closed everytime you are done with them.

If nothing else works (ie suggestions by the others such as increasing the no. of rows buffered) do not work, you may have encountered the infamous "memory leak" problem. ORACLE might have a fix for it. If not try increasing the SGA to postpone the problem. If a user encountered this, he/she will have to exit all the way. One of my clients has had this problem once in a while. ORACLE was supposed to take a look at it about 3 months ago but I haven't heard anything from the DBA.

 (Whatever I say and own are mine, mine and only mine! So, don't you dare   claim they are yours!)
 Kim Ng
 Paradigm Computer Consulting, Inc.
 20611 E Bothell-Everett Hwy SE, Suite 280  Bothell, WA 98012
 U.S.A. Received on Tue Nov 29 1994 - 18:37:53 CET

Original text of this message