ODBC : Getting rid of login prompt...

From: Ken Rimple <krimple_at_netaxs.com>
Date: 29 Nov 1994 01:02:37 GMT

I have a question that has been forwarded from one of my programmers. It seems that ODBC, upon learning that you have a bad login, re-displays it's login banner even if you pass it a connect string. I would have thought that you'd get an error back to the calling function, but for some reason it is implemented this way.

Does anyone have a work around? Our application is implementing it's own sign-on screen, and we want to insulate the users from the ODBC login screen... We are using the OpenLink ORACLE6 driver.

Thanks for any help in advance...

Ken Rimple
krimple_at_netaxs.com

--

Ken Rimple           | "Brave Fortunato..."
Ardmore, PA          |         ---Edgar Allen Poe

The thoughts represented here are solely of the author's. No company representation is implied. Received on Tue Nov 29 1994 - 02:02:37 CET

Original text of this message