orasrv Dying on HP - Any info Welcome

From: Jeff L'Huillier <jlhuilli_at_ef0424.efhd.ford.com>
Date: 28 Nov 1994 21:46:46 GMT

We have been having problems with orasrv (v1) dying on our HP box and thought I would post to see if anyone else had/is having a similar problem.

Platform info:
 HP 9000/867
 HP-UX 9.04
 Oracle v6.0.37.3.1
 orasrv v1.2.7.7.1
 Access from pc's using various methods (ODBC, SQL*Net DOS/Win...)

Problem:

The tcp/log file records the following - (edited to shorten)

orasrv[ 8690]: CONNECT request from ef0243.efhd.ford.com
orasrv[ 8690]: DEBUG:  IN buf_readc, bufl=-3, bufi=16
orasrv[ 8690]: DEBUG:  IN buf_readc, returning 0
orasrv[ 8690]: DEBUG:  getstr(param):network string (1 chars):
orasrv[ 8690]: ERROR   while processing request from host ef0243....
orasrv[ 8690]: ERROR:  SID lookup failure for '*'
orasrv[ 8690]: DEBUG   waiting for connection request.....

.. more errors start to show up after this - leading to death.....

Once the ERRORs show up it's all down hill from there. It is almost like orasrv catches a bad cold that turns into pneumonia (sp) and then orasrv dies - no more connects to database until the process is killed and restarted.

Oracle has not been much help in determining what the problem is. I have seen faxes that semi-document what we have been seeing but no concrete fixes.

I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions. It's ok to post but email reply would be better. Thanx

Jeff L'Huillier
Ford Motor Company
jlhuilli_at_ef0424.efhd.ford.com
(jlhuilli_at_ford.com if above is rejected) Received on Mon Nov 28 1994 - 22:46:46 CET

Original text of this message