Re: front-end vs back-end

From: chris <chris_at_perihelion.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 1994 18:32:56 +0000

We are working on an OLTP type application for the health market in Britain and have chosen to use PL/SQL to do all of the database work.

This enables us to do 2 main things :-

  1. Seperate the development of the back-end from the front-end, thus giving a good deal of parallel development.
  2. It gives us a good solid basis on which to create a well defined publishable interface to the database from 3rd party tools.

It also gives us a certain amount of flexibility if we decide that the front-end toolkit (Access) is not good enough

PS. All reading of data is performed through views.

Chris Selwyn
Senior Consultant
Perihelion Software
email: chris_at_perihelion.co.uk
tel: +44 749 344203 Received on Mon Nov 28 1994 - 19:32:56 CET

Original text of this message