Re: Import into a different tablespace

From: Carl Gohringer <cgohring_at_lucifer>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 1994 17:22:24 GMT

rory_at_cronus (Rory Reynoldson) writes:
: In article <3arff7$61o_at_larch.cc.swarthmore.edu>
: mknod temp.dmp p
: perl -nle '$_ =~ s/TABLESPACE "<OLD>"/TABLESPACE "<NEW>"/g; print $_;' \
: < file.dmp > temp.dmp &
: imp file=temp.dmp userid=blah commit=blah full=blah <etc>=blah
: rm temp.dmp
:
: (replace <OLD> and <NEW> with various tablespace names)
:
: I love perl... (CPU time with perl5.0 on HP G50 to process a 77Meg
: import file was 60 seconds... not significant)
:
: Rory Reynoldson

And realize while you are doing it that it is completelly unsupported.

When importing, imp will alwasy try to import the objects back into the same tablespace from which they were exported, unless the user has no quoata on that tablespace.
I assume you are using v6.
Before importing,do(as a DBA):

      resource on that tablespace)
SQL> grant resource on <new tablespace> to <username>; (grants resource

      on the tablespace where you want the objects to go)

Now perform the import.

--
regards,
Carl