Database triggers

From: Jan Olav Eide <jan-olav.eide_at_noner.abb.telemax.no>
Date: 28 Nov 1994 08:57:00 GMT

I have a table called audit_trans, which is used to audit the transactions of several other tables. It includes three columns; transaction number, oracle user and date/time. I want to update this table automatically by using database triggers(V7). The problem is that database triggers fires at INSERTs, UPDATEs or DELETEs, not at COMMIT. How do I implement a trigger that inserts ONE row into audit_trans for every transaction (one transaction may consist of several Received on Mon Nov 28 1994 - 09:57:00 CET

Original text of this message