Re: CASE for Windows 5.1

From: paul brayford <paul_at_brayford.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 1994 14:51:25 +0000

In article <3ab26j$hk6_at_qed.pps.k12.or.us> jbotteron_at_pps.k12.or.us writes:

> I have just installed CASE for Windows 5.1. Of the 15 icons in the Oracle
>
> Group, six of them give me a "General Protection Fault", the remainder attempt
>
> to load but always return to the icon.
>
> I have reinstalled three times, checked my oracle.ini, autoexec.bat, etc. I
>
> have never had any DOS Oracle stuff or previous versions of anything. The
>
> database engine is Oracle 7.0.16.4.0 running on AIX. I can get through to the
>
> server with SQL Studio from Stanford Technology Group. The problem seems to be >
> with my workstation. Any suggestions out there?

We also have problems with CASE 5.1 install. We wish to install the product on a (Novell Netware) file server, and serve multiple PCs, but trying to run the install program (orainst) from network disk causes a "Segment Load Failure" in winst.exe. We continued by running orainst from CD-ROM to try and install the rest of the product to network disk; but when completed, sqlplus gives a similar error (in plus31.exe). The fault appears on two different pcs: both 486's with 32Mb memory. Can anyone help?

--
paul brayford