SQLWindows & SQL*Net/Oracle 7

From: Mathew Tasalloti <tasallot_at_galaxy.mpr.ca>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 1994 02:33:03 GMT

Hello all,

I am trying to get Sqlwindows 5.0 to talk to our Oracle 7 database. I'm not new to Sqlwindows, but I'm puzzled by the messages it is giving me during the 'Connection' statement. I set up the sqlDatabase, sqlUser and sqlPassword ... and it keeps telling me that I have specified the wrong user/password. I'v confirmed that the net is working by running Nettest, and SqlTalk seems to respond as well ... Quest and Sqlwindows, on the other hand do not seem to want to connect. I'v tried Sql*net 1 and 2 and I get the same results

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance for any pointers,

| Mathew Tasalloti Internet: tasallot_at_mpr.ca |\
| Software Engineer Phone: (604) 293 5467 | +
| | |
| MPR Teltech Ltd. - Burnaby - British Columbia - Canada | |