Re: TRUNCATE & Version 7.1.3

From: Jodi Showers <jshowers_at_cmi.on.ca>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 1994 19:55:59 GMT

In article <3arhod$a8q_at_news.panix.com>, ynp_at_ynp.dialup.access.net (Youri N. Podchosov) wrote:

> In article <P5i3Vc1w165w_at_vllyoak.resun.com>, jp_at_vllyoak.resun.com (Jeff Perry)
> writes:
> |> Would someone with access to version 7.1.3 verify the following:
> |>
> |> Starting with 7.1.x, a user granted the DELETE privilege to a
> |> given table will no longer be allowed to TRUNCATE the table - only
> |> the owner of the table will have this privilege.
> |>

> |> If this is true, we'll be creating gobbs of needless redo logs when
> |> we get to 7.1.x. :-(
>
> It seems to me it has been true since version 7.0.xx - TRUNCATE requires a
> separate privilege having nothing to do with DELETE.

I don't know which port (or if there is a port difference) you are on , but in my experience (RDMBS v7.0.16.6.0 on Pyramid) a user requires only table delete permissions for truncation.

If this is not the case in 7.1.x please let me know. <wimper>

Please post reply here or at jshowers_at_cmi.on.ca

Regards,
Jodi.