Re: Help needed on SQL*TextRetrieval

From: Leo Mannhart <mannhart_at_zuv.unizh.ch>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 1994 08:17:30 GMT

In article <3avp6r$qu5_at_mordred.gatech.edu>, michael_at_fuzzy.oit.gatech.edu (Michael Mealling) wrote:

> I'm trying to use Oracle's TextRetrieval package and I can't
> seem to find anyone who has used the software. I have a few
> questions concerning how to run the demos that the manual
> talks about (TXTTUT doesn't have authorization to use rtrmu).
>
> Plus, since I can't find anyone who has used it I would like
> at least some assurance that it works as advertised.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -MM
>
> (P.S. I'm fairly new at this oracle thing....WAIS has gotten me this far)
>
> --
>

> <HR><A HREF="http://www.gatech.edu/michael.html">
> <ADDRESS>Michael Mealling</ADDRESS>
> <ADDRESS>michael.mealling_at_oit.gatech.edu</ADDRESS></A>
I have used it and it works. Install it with the installer (orainst). As dba user systext log on to textretrieval with sqltr systext/<passwd>
Under the administration menu you can give access to a "normal" oracle user. Without that, the oracle user is not allowed to use sql*textretrieval. If a specific user is enabled in the admin menu, he/she can use rtrmu or sqltr (there is no admin menu for normal users). Also a user who only will access text tables from other users must be enabled by the systext dba. If you have further questions, feel free to email me Hope this helps so far
LM
--
Leo Mannhart
Planning Office