Re: Oracle and Non-Green Card Indians

From: David Smith at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo <smith_at_netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 1994 08:05:27 GMT

Thomas J Kyte (tkyte_at_us.oracle.com) wrote:
: David Smith,

: Number 1, where is the beef? Give me the stats. How many "non-american"
: people does Oracle hire? How many "american" people does Oracle hire? The
: ratio is decidely in the "american" favor, by a lot. How do you know what

Thanks for conceding that they hire a lot of non-Citizen Indians.Yos.

: people at Oracle say, or do for that matter. Based on your statements you
: wouldn't last a day here (or anywhere).

That's right Thomas. When you can't defend an argument, make a personal attack. They even have a name for it - ad hominem. I feel your shame as an Oracle Corporation employee, and I grieve for you.

: Number 2, what prompted this? Were you turned down by someone for a job or
: something? If so I understand why.

Right, it has to be a personal vendetta. Everyone is just like you, Tommy, only interested in looking out for themselves.

: I work for Oracle and do not see the imbalance you are so worried about.
: Even so, if the other "*qualified Americans*" that Oracle has not hired are
: as %$#_at_ as you are, I like the balance Oracle supplies.

Yeah, nice balance, out of all the millions of immigrants, Oracle goes out and hires some deperate non-Green card non-citizends. We've heard it before Tom, "it's all about diversity", and we didn't buy it then, and we don't buy it now. Tommy "grasping at straws for my employer" Kyte ee

: For the future;
: If you had simply posted your initial remark and shut up, who knows, someone
: might have believed you. Your ranting and raving prove you ignorant. People
: who are 'smart' know when to shut up and let something stew, whilst the truely
: ignorant don't know when to shut up.

People who are desperate to cover up an immoral policy, resort to name calling and angry hand waving. The 'smart' people know that Tommy. ..
: Based on the above statement, flame on David Smith, you probably will (i won't
: reply). But then again, who cares. Your thread only provides amusement at
: this point.

Surprisingly, the tons of Oracle people responding angrily by email, do not seem amused as they cry out for diversity (i.e. non-Green card Indians) in their workforce, and state (with no proof) that they don't think the Indians (non-citizens and desperate as they may be) make less than them. They of course, have never seen their paychecks. They also like to state that the Americans they interview are too lazy. . Received on Thu Nov 24 1994 - 09:05:27 CET

Original text of this message