Re: Oracle and Non-Green Card Indians

From: David Smith at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo <smith_at_netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 1994 08:08:28 GMT

IainS (iains_at_aol.com) wrote:
: Just adding my piece.

: I have been in this country (USA) for 5 months. I was brought in on a work
: visa, because either there are not enough Americans to do what I do or
: they are just too stupid. So far I have not been impressed with either the
: skill levels or the technology use of most US companies.

Thanks for pointing out the cultural inferiority of America. Don't worry, we are taking in the third world, in order to improve it. Z.

: It is a farsighted and brave US company that has to admit that it has to
: bring in foreign skills to do a job properly.

Yes, it takes a lot of bravery and farsight, to save employee payroll, by bringing in desperate Indian workers, fleeing their impoverished homeland, and work them longer and for less. Such bravery and farsight, indeed!!

: By the way I am being paid more than most US employees doing similar work
: and I do not, nor ever have believe that the US is the land of milk and
: honey. I came here to get rich quick, then shoot home.

We love to here from you ungrateful foreigners. .

: Iain