Re: Oracle and Non-Green Card Indians

From: David Smith at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo <smith_at_netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 1994 07:51:39 GMT

Andrew McConnell (mcconnel_at_source.asset.com) wrote:
: In article <smithCzB28B.GLK_at_netcom.com>,
: David Smith at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo <smith_at_netcom.com> wrote:

: I shouldn't be doing this, but:

: >What a boon you guys are to the
: >stockholders. Screw those dumb "chucklehead" American Computer Science grads.
: >What really counts is the get profits high and squash Sybase any way you
: >can!!

: Oracle Corp.'s obligation is to its stockholders. What this translates
: into is that Oracle looks at long-term success and does what is best
: for the company....

You are correct in saying that Oracle can hire as many non-citizens or farm out as much of it's work to foreign countries as it likes. But remember, as always, it's all about moral values.

: >
: >some sad REPUBLICAN type law
: >

: but since you are obvious a liberal, you won't understand that that
: long-term success for Oracle translates inevitably into prosperity for
: the entire country, if not world. You haven't provided one single
: shred of evidence that they are underpaying their Indian workers and
: until you do, you have ABSOLUTELY NO BUSINESS posting your idiotic
: ravings. WHERE IS YOUR PROOF? YOU MADE THE ACCUSATION, SO BACK IT UP!

Well, my friend, then I will add you to the list of people who state that the employment of the Indians is only on the basis of racial or cultural superiority. Of course, Oracle is going to give me their W-2 records. It is quite farfetched, isn't it, that Oracle would pay desperate non-citizens, fleeling their wretched homeland, a different wage than they pay Americans. WHAT A CRAZY IDEA INDEED! !!E
: I think that it is unfortunate that Oracle hires non-citizens as well,
: but they certainly shouldn't be attacked for making (what they think
: are) sound business decisions.

That is quite a sentence above. Are you a Clinton speechwriter?

: BTW, the Democrats are the ones making these immigration laws you
: misinformed buffoon. Up until recently, the Republicans COULDN'T do a
: thing unless some Democrats supported it as well.

There were one or two Republican presidents in the last decade or two, who , it has been stated once or twice in the press, and one or two billion times by Bill Clinton, "are responsible for the mess we are in". I hope you rise up smugly, whenever you here the Democrats and the press say that. Immigration is loved by the Republican businessmen for the cheap labor and the need for increased construction and natural resource depletion, andnd by Democratic politicians, for the large number of new Democratic voters, and A

: --
: Andrew McConnell "Ford!" he said, "there's an infinite number of
: Voice: (304) 594-9819 monkeys outside who want to talk to us about this
: FAX: (304) 594-3951 script for 'Hamlet' they've worked out."
: mcconnel_at_source.asset.com -- Arthur Dent