Re: Import into a different tablespace

From: Stephen Lappin <SL_at_rtel.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 1994 13:46:58 +0000

In article <3arff7$61o_at_larch.cc.swarthmore.edu>

           stauffer_at_cc.swarthmore.edu "R Glenn Stauffer" writes:

> I ahve an import file that was created from a series of tables stored in
> an archive tablespace. I can't use the archive tablespace anymore (data
> files trashed; tablespace won't drop) and am trying to get the data from
> teh import file into another tablespace.
>
> I have followed the instructions in the V6 utility documentation and
> am using the fromuser=/touser= command-line parameters to import the data
> for a user who does not have access to the original tablespace. I have
> been able to get this to work a little. The first table gets created in
> the user's default tablespace, but all subsequent tables (the dmp file contains
> data from 6 tables) do not get created because the import utility is trying
> to create them in the original tablespace which is now invalid.

Pre-create the offending tables in the new tablespace before you do your import. Tell import to ignore errors caused because the object already exists. Import should then import the rows into the table.

--
Stephen Lappin

+-----------------+  Scotland U.K.          Fax: +44 (0)141 331 2509