Re: Why should I use Oracle Glue with Visual Basic?

From: Lawrence James <James.Lawrence_at_epamail.epa.gov>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 1994 11:46:49 GMT

In article <3a2bjg$6tm_at_news.xs4all.nl> androom_at_xs4all.nl (androom) writes:
>From: androom_at_xs4all.nl (androom)
>Subject: Why should I use Oracle Glue with Visual Basic?
>Date: 12 Nov 1994 12:14:40 GMT

>I want to connect Oracle with Visual Basic and was advised to
>use Oracle Glue. But what exactly do I need Oracle Glue for?
>(our Oracle system is runnig on VAX/VMS)

>Any hints?

Oracle glue will give you a VB library of functions to do SQL with. It is more powerful than the 'dynaset' and 'snapshot' stuff in VB and doesn't use ODBC. Q&E software has a similar product. Alternatively you can use Oracle's ODBC driver but beware of limitations.

Lawrence.... Received on Wed Nov 23 1994 - 12:46:49 CET

Original text of this message