Re: Oracle table to DBF question

From: Raymond Everly <reverly_at_ucs01.cfr.usf.edu>
Date: 23 Nov 1994 00:14:11 GMT

In article <3adi57$r04_at_sol.ars-grin.gov>, dbmuge_at_sol.ars-grin.gov (Gorm Emberland) says:

>I have been searching for a routine that can convert Oracle (version 7 if
>it matters) tables to xbase (specifically dBASE IV). I haven't had much
>luck and was wondering if anyone knew of such a routine and if so, where
>would I find it.
>
>Our particular circumstance involves a very large Oracle application with
>sites located across the United States. Our platform is a Solbourne
>5E904 running OS/MP version 4.1B (equivalent to SunOS 4.1.2). A large
>percentage of our user base accesses our system via X.25. Most of our
>sites have their own local systems using dBASE where they basically
>prepare and manipulate their data for an eventual load into the
>central system. We have the dBF to Oracle end covered. However, many
>users would like to pull data out of Oracle back to their local
>dBASE system for various reasons. We've been able to produce an
>interchange file (SDF) which people are currently using but would prefer
>to skip this step altogether and directly create a DBF. Does such a
>beast exist?

Visual BASIC for Windows can read Oracle and write DBF with the appropiate ODBC drivers and it can produce an executable that can redistributed royalty free. MS Access is nice for converting data too. Visual C++ 1.5 pro edition has ODBC support also.