Backing Up a SAP Database

From: Joanne Corcodilos <corcodilos_at_bms.com>
Date: 22 Nov 1994 20:51:45 GMT

Oracle DBAs -

We are currently evaluating R/3 from SAP. I'm having trouble configuring backups using SAP's utilities.

A few questions...

  • Should I be using BRBACKUP and BRARCHIVE via cron to schedule my backups or through CCMS?
  • Why do the above utilities want to use a non-rewinding tape device?

Please share with me your cron job information as well as initXXX.sap configuration file as well as any other comments/suggestions.

Thanks in advance. E-mail replies are preferred to corcodilos_at_bms.com

Joanne Corcodilos
Senior Database Advisor
Bristol-Myers Squibb Received on Tue Nov 22 1994 - 21:51:45 CET

Original text of this message