Re: Sybase buys Powerbuilder - Is Oracle Dead

From: Timothy Wong <roadgoat_at_crl.com>
Date: 19 Nov 1994 10:57:05 -0800

John.Susag writes:
<<Do you trust Sybase to keep PB database independent? Do you trust Oracle to make CDE2/Sybase support as complete and timely as CDE2/Oracle support?>>

I have heard that the Oracle engineers are having a difficult time at getting a Sybase connection to work because Sybase won't deal with them. So I won't expect to use CDE/2 against a Sybase backend. Just as I probably won't use PowerBuilder against an Oracle backend.

--
Tim Wong
roadgoat_at_crl.com