Re: How to grant create owner table?

From: Billy O'Connor <billyoc_at_dpscon.uucp.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 94 08:39:39 GMT

Scott writes in article <1994Nov14.153146.5565_at_nntpxfer.psi.com>:

> Yes. On my VM system I wanted to give general users access to some privileged
> commands so I wrote a Disconnected Service Virtual Machine (DSVM). It just
> sits around waiting for requests and when it gets one it varifies that the
> requesting user is allowed to do the command requested and then the DSVM
> executes the command and sends any output to the requestor. On Unix you would
> write a daemon to do the same thing.

Ah, so the DSVM has CREATE/DROP ANY TABLE priveleges and parses all the requests. Bravo!
Can I ask how you chose to implement the DSVM? And what performance hit, if any, using it created?

Billy O'Connor                            email:   billyoc_at_netcom.com
D.P.S. Consulting                          UUCP:   dps_at_dpscon.uucp.netcom.com
Boston area OS/2 business solutions         CIS:   74021,530