Re: Oracle and Non-Green Card Indians

From: David Smith at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo <smith_at_netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 1994 07:12:12 GMT

YVONNE BAUMERT, DECUS EUROPE AD-SIG CHAIR (y_baumert_at_decus.ch) wrote:
: David Smith,

: sorry but I think for once I have to get down to your level.

: You make me sick.

Have a perrier, and send me the bill, and I will forward it to Larry Ellison. Lord knows, with all the money he's saving on payroll, he can afford it.

: First of all ORACLE is an international corporation. As the headquaters are in
: the states it's important for them to know how other people think and work.

Yes, that's it, you've got it, they import massive amounts of Indians, around the already liberal American immigrations laws, (laws that bring in almost 1 million foreigners a year), so that they can know how other people think and work. By the way, Indian is only ONE country of the over 188 in the world.

: Second of all NEWS is an international conference as you might have noticed
: that Germans, Franch and if I remember it right also Dutch people answerd you.

So what's your point? Start your own Euro-Oracle love/bug fest, if you don't want to hear about their American hiring practices.

: Third of all the way you answered to the Indian guy, sorry but I don't have his
: name at hand, was incredibly insulting. I bet you would if like to note WASP
: (White Anglo-Saxon Protestant) Americans if you wouldn't get into deep trouble
: with it. I bet you would seriously vote for an American Hitler.

The sentence above with WASP in it is unclear at best. Yes, the cry of the immigration lover, "If you don't want to take in the third world hordes, you are Hitler". How many people do the countries these people are fleeing take in? Nada, zero, zip, zilch, nothing, squat. That's how many. Immigration is only for rich businessmen to save pennies, and to boost the construction industry. It would never pass a popular vote, despite all the brainwashing that the public gets regarding it.

: Fourth did you ever consider that somebody mentioning that these Indians are
: highly qualified refers to their education and therefore to their education
: system? Maybe some of the Americans that you refer to didn't t have such a good
: education. Do you know that in some other countries only one third of the
: people gets a highschool degree and that's the third with the best marks (is
: it marks in England and notes in the States or the other way round?) and
: therefore only students with the intelectual capacity get the chance to get a
: university degree. That might explain why a graduate from another country might
: be better qualified and not the race. I don't know how it is in India but I
: have the impression you don't know it eather.

I am sure that from a country of 800 MILLION PEOPLE, there are some qualified ones. Enough qualified ones to take every job in France, including yours. But, my dear, these "qualified" people are on the tech support lines, for instance, not developing a cure for cancer. You are slapping the face of every American politician, every American professor, and every American college administrator, by saying that they do not put out qualified computer science graduates, Qualified enough to do the myriad of mundane to challenging jobs that a large software company like Oraacle has.

: Last but not least

: > : >: Dave Criswell

: > : >: P.S. You've also offended many of the Senior VP's and managers who
: > : >: might hire you.
: > : >
: > : >Well, then have the ones I haven't offended give me a call.

: > : If you can't learn to work with Indians, or have particular qualms
: > : about immigrants, you won't like it here. I don't believe there
: > : are any groups here which are all "American".
: >
: > I don't believe so either, which is sad. If only German corporations would
: > fly Americans over to Germany to work at "the same wages as Germans".
: >

: I would hope so too as all Americans I know in germany apperantly earn more
: than Germans with a comparable education and off similar age!!!!
: And very many companies fly over to the states and hire especially business
: people directly from American Universities. That's why America is well known
: for business education.

Quit crying about immigration, you Hitler lover.

: There I know what I'm talking about. My boyfriend and very many other of my
: friends are Americans!! You can find very many young Americans
: (sometimes just 25-30) in management positions or lower management positions
: that they won't give to Germans at that age. I tell you: no chance!

Yuck, you women are always so taken by foreigners in bed, but not in the office.
: Shall I now say all Americans shall leave Germany? They take job's that our
: graduates could do as well? It's not true that they could. You need a
: heterogeneous (if you don't know the word what I suppose look it up in a

Hey, leave your sex life out of this. We always heard you Europeans did it at the drop of a hat.

: Webster) environment to survive in an international market. And you will not
: know how to deal with people of other countries if you don't know their way.
: Cultures are different, courtesy is different and the way to do business is
: different. And to study that you have to hire people from the countries you
: want to do business with.

Oh bull, Japan is a small resource limited island in Asia, and they have sold products to the entire world at a tremendous balance of trade surplus. They have virtually no immigration at all. They are the only developed country with a brain. If they had America's natural resources, it would be all over.

: India is a rising economy with the reputation of having some of the best
: software developers in the world. That means that they will very soon want to
: buy standardized products which very often come from the US. Therefore American
: compnaies will make profit and will support the American economy. To be able
: to that you have to find out about the Indian way.

We get tons of Indians in this country every year. Tons, and most of them live in the very state of Oracle Corporation headquarters. But, Oracle is not satisfied having millions of them legaaly to hire from, they need to hire the desperate H-1 people, who come here trough a loophole in our very liberal laws, that says these people have skills that are not possesed by Americans. This is a total fraud as there are plenty of computer science graduates each year who can't find jobs. I am sure they would be just as "QUALIFIED" as the Indians. Unfortunately, they would raise the Oracle payroll, and Oracle holds their payroll budget more precious than moral values.

: There is an American saying to that "You snooze you loose". I think it's very
: clever of ORACLE to find out about all the coutries where they have or will
: have customers. You might notice that your appell to ORACLE users was not very
: intelligent as I am one and I am European.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that you can save a buck by hiring desperate foreigners. Why even West Germany found that the East Germans who escaped were great workers, and for less, FOR ABOUT A YEAR. Then they were just like the West Germans. Which is just how the Indians are, unless you want to say that America is racially or culturally inferior to India. All we are doing is allowing companies like Oracle Corporation to save some money, while we clog our roads, empty our resivoirs, chop down our tree, and pollute our air, at an ever greater rate, with the help of the millions upon millions of desperate third world immigrants fleeing their wretched homelands.

: Then look at all the Mobile phone netwares being build in Europe. The
: companies are very often Scandinavian and the people doing the programming
: and the networking are Americans. I ask you shall I tell them to go back
: to the states.

Yes, if you have any unemployement in your country, which I am sure you do. No, if you don't care about those of your country, and are more conerned about new boyfriend candiates with an accent.

: No!!

: You have to consider that every country can give something to the other also by
: the exchange of working people.

: What if I would like to move to the states with my boyfriend who has lived here
: for years. Would you have a problem? I suppose not because I am white. Or would
: you say it's okay because an American could work for a very good salary for a
: couple of years abroad. There are tons of Americans in excellent positions all
: over the world.

: The world does not only consist of the USA but you are obviously to closed
: minded to see that.

: Especially because you accuse other people to be a racists I think that you are
: the racist.

Oh bull, I treat everyone nicer than the average person, but I do not condone
Oracle Corporation hiring massive amounts of foreigners, when we have tons
of Americans, (many of whom are only recent immigrants), to hire.

: And I love Indian food!! You miss something by not trying it.

I can eat Indians food, regardless of wheter Oracle hires massive amounts of them via the H-1 immigration loophole.

: Yvonne Baumert LL TTTTTTTTTT UU UU The statements made
: LTU GmbH LL TT TT TT UU UU represent my own opinion
: Airport, Hangar 8 LL TT UU UU and do not necessarily
: D-40474 Düsseldorf LL TT UU UU correspond with my
: Germany LL TT UU UU employers opinion.
: y_baumert_at_decus.ch LLLLLL TTTT UUUUUU

: PSI%(0262)45211013068::baumert Some countries don't need the leading 0!!