Re: SNMP Agent for ORACLE V.7

From: Joe Halpin <jhalpin_at_netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 1994 02:30:07 GMT

In article <3aivc3$c42_at_oslo-nntp.eunet.no> rol_at_gorgon.scup.no (Rune Olsen) writes:
>Hi,
>
>We are planning to implement SNMP SW for controlling our network
>recources. We are then looking for ORACLE agents.
>
>Does anyone know about the existens of a SNMP agent for ORACLE V 7?

There was a message or two here a few weeks back saying that Oracle 7.1 would include the RDBMS MIB. It was said that it would also include a replacement for SQL*DBA which would be able to query the MIB. Additionally, the MIB is supposed to be manageable by HP OpenView.

--
Joe Halpin
jhalpin_at_netcom.com