Oracle Install Problem on AIX -- Help!

From: Aaron Sylvia <atsylvi_at_clipper.ssb.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 1994 16:31:34 -0500

A couple of coworkers and I have been having problems installing Oracle 6.0.37 on an IBM 380 running AIX 3.25.

Most of the install has worked fine but we are rerunning the install script so that we can setup the database and logfiles to use raw partitions instead of journalled file systems.

Everytime we run the install script, we receive Oracle and IBM error codes which pretty much translate to "Error Creating the database" or "Error Writing to the device".

The user ID (when installing) has write access to the raw device files so it doesn't seem to be a permissions problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Aaron Sylvia
State Street Bank and Trust Co.