Re: Oracle and Non-Green Card Indians

From: YVONNE BAUMERT, DECUS EUROPE AD-SIG CHAIR <y_baumert_at_decus.ch>
Date: 17 Nov 94 16:09:58 GMT

David Smith,

sorry but I think for once I have to get down to your level.

        You make me sick.

First of all ORACLE is an international corporation. As the headquaters are in the states it's important for them to know how other people think and work.

Second of all NEWS is an international conference as you might have noticed that Germans, Franch and if I remember it right also Dutch people answerd you.

Third of all the way you answered to the Indian guy, sorry but I don't have his name at hand, was incredibly insulting. I bet you would if like to note WASP (White Anglo-Saxon Protestant) Americans if you wouldn't get into deep trouble with it. I bet you would seriously vote for an American Hitler.

Fourth did you ever consider that somebody mentioning that these Indians are highly qualified refers to their education and therefore to their education system? Maybe some of the Americans that you refer to didn't t have such a good education. Do you know that in some other countries only one third of the people gets a highschool degree and that's the third with the best marks (is it marks in England and notes in the States or the other way round?) and therefore only students with the intelectual capacity get the chance to get a university degree. That might explain why a graduate from another country might be better qualified and not the race. I don't know how it is in India but I have the impression you don't know it eather.

Last but not least

> : >: Dave Criswell

> : >: P.S. You've also offended many of the Senior VP's and managers who
> : >: might hire you.
> : >
> : >Well, then have the ones I haven't offended give me a call.

> : If you can't learn to work with Indians, or have particular qualms
> : about immigrants, you won't like it here. I don't believe there
> : are any groups here which are all "American".
>
> I don't believe so either, which is sad. If only German corporations would
> fly Americans over to Germany to work at "the same wages as Germans".

I would hope so too as all Americans I know in germany apperantly earn more than Germans with a comparable education and off similar age!!!! And very many companies fly over to the states and hire especially business people directly from American Universities. That's why America is well known for business education.

There I know what I'm talking about. My boyfriend and very many other of my friends are Americans!! You can find very many young Americans (sometimes just 25-30) in management positions or lower management positions that they won't give to Germans at that age. I tell you: no chance!

Shall I now say all Americans shall leave Germany? They take job's that our graduates could do as well? It's not true that they could. You need a heterogeneous (if you don't know the word what I suppose look it up in a Webster) environment to survive in an international market. And you will not know how to deal with people of other countries if you don't know their way. Cultures are different, courtesy is different and the way to do business is different. And to study that you have to hire people from the countries you want to do business with.

India is a rising economy with the reputation of having some of the best software developers in the world. That means that they will very soon want to buy standardized products which very often come from the US. Therefore American compnaies will make profit and will support the American economy. To be able to that you have to find out about the Indian way.

There is an American saying to that "You snooze you loose". I think it's very clever of ORACLE to find out about all the coutries where they have or will have customers. You might notice that your appell to ORACLE users was not very intelligent as I am one and I am European.

Then look at all the Mobile phone netwares being build in Europe. The companies are very often Scandinavian and the people doing the programming and the networking are Americans. I ask you shall I tell them to go back to the states.

No!!

You have to consider that every country can give something to the other also by the exchange of working people.

What if I would like to move to the states with my boyfriend who has lived here for years. Would you have a problem? I suppose not because I am white. Or would you say it's okay because an American could work for a very good salary for a couple of years abroad. There are tons of Americans in excellent positions all over the world.

The world does not only consist of the USA but you are obviously to closed minded to see that.

Especially because you accuse other people to be a racists I think that you are the racist.

And I love Indian food!! You miss something by not trying it.

Yvonne Baumert       LL     TTTTTTTTTT  UU    UU   The statements made
LTU GmbH             LL     TT  TT  TT  UU    UU   represent my own opinion
Airport, Hangar 8    LL         TT      UU    UU   and do not necessarily
D-40474 Düsseldorf   LL         TT      UU    UU   correspond with my
Germany              LL         TT      UU    UU   employers opinion.
y_baumert_at_decus.ch   LLLLLL    TTTT      UUUUUU

PSI%(0262)45211013068::baumert Some countries don't need the leading 0!!