piopen/oracle interface

From: alan schertz <aschertz_at_silver.ucs.indiana.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 1994 19:22:02 GMT

Currently we are in the process of migrating some of our business applications from a PIOPEN Pick environment to an Oralce V7 environment. Our problem is in trying to interface between the two databases. We would like to be able to maintain information in both databases with updates to both happening from both our Pick applications and our Oracle Forms applications as close to "real" time as possible. We have only a couple of files/tables that would need to have this type of update.

We are currently testing the ability to do this using a combination of Oracles PRO*C precompiler and the Information Calling Interface (ICI) available in PIOPEN. So far this seems to work but we would be interested in hearing from anyone who is currently trying or has already interfaced between these two databases.

Please reply to kmcguire_at_interart.com. Thanks in advance. Received on Wed Nov 16 1994 - 20:22:02 CET

Original text of this message