Re: One Big Extent vs Multiple Extents

From: Bruce Pihlamae <pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 16 Nov 94 09:57:56 +1000

In article <brosalesCz9unG.Er8_at_netcom.com>, brosales_at_netcom.com (Bob Rosales) writes:
> We have always tried to compute the first extent of
> our tables to fit all data, if possible.
>
> But now with striping, is there advantage to do
> so at all? I have heard that actually multiple
> extents are better? Can some one suggest any
> paper or your thoughts on this issues?
>

> Thanks.

> Robert Rosales
> Sonica Software Corp
> brosales_at_netcom.com

Bruce...        pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au

* Bruce Pihlamae  --  Database Administration                     *
* Commonwealth Department of Human Services and Health            *
* Canberra, ACT, Australia                        (W) 06-289-7056 *
* These are my own thoughts and opinions, few that I have.        *

"The more complex the argument gets, the easier it is to refute."
"Killing is wrong!"  -- Trent 'The Uncatchable' Castanaveras