Re: Oracle and Non-Green Card Indians

From: David Smith at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo <smith_at_netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 1994 09:59:00 GMT

Vijay Raghavan (vraghava_at_us.oracle.com) wrote:
: David Smith,

: Just to clarify the position as one of the Indians you mentioned. I
: can safely say my salary is NOT lower than the industry standard. As
: a mater of fact Oracle has to show proof of this to INS in order for
: me to work here.

Yeah right, I believe you. NOT!

: Oracle hires a lot of people like me straight out of school and to my
: knowledge the turnover rate of Indians is not higher than anybody else.

Get outta time Vijay. Constantly overheard at Oracle: "Next week I get my Green card, now I can leave."

: Logically speaking do you think it is possible for Oracle to get to
: its current position as an industry leader with a bunch of
: dissatisfied employees?

Well, judging from the average age of the employees in the Oracle cafeteria at the headgarters in Redwood Shores, NOBODY IS SATIFIED TOO LONG. As your very own Criswell said in this thread " I think the average age is 24".

: Thank you and all the best in your job search.

You have a good one too Vijay, and good luck should you ever return to your wretched homeland that you fled for monetary gain.

: Vijay Raghavan