V6 compatability in a V7 DB [REPOST]

From: Lee E Parsons <lparsons_at_world.std.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 1994 16:05:54 GMT

Repost of a question that generated very little interest. :-}

We are trying to set up a old V6 project on a new system and would like to use the V7 tools in compatability mode. Per Oracle and our tests you can not put an entire instance in V6 mode using an init.ora parameter.

You can effect sessions using the "set compatabiltiy v6" command. But the compatability option of init.ora only lets you set compatability with older V7 version. ie) you can make your 7.0.16 database run as if it where a 7.0.10 database but not like a 6.0.37 system

Does this jive with what you have seen? Anybody been able to put an entire instance in V6 mode? Am I the only one who thought you could do this for an entire instance?

--
Regards,

Lee E. Parsons
Systems Oracle DBA	 			lparsons_at_world.std.com