Re: Using stored functions in SQL WHERE clauses

From: Dave Mausner <dmausner_at_brauntech.com>
Date: 14 Nov 1994 17:13:46 GMT

In article <jodle.784825918_at_BIX.com>, jodle_at_BIX.com (jodle on BIX) says:

>I would like to store a function to use for all text field equality
>conditions and while I have successfully stored such a function and can
>access it elsewhere, SQLPlus balks at calling it from a where clause.

There's a bug in 7.1.3 that prevents stored functions from working in certain specific contexts. Oracle will fix it in a coming release.

FYI it is bug number 245867.

--
Dave Mausner, Sr. Consultant, Braun Technology Group, Chicago.