LOV performance problem

From: Kenneth Ho <kenho_at_hk.super.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 1994 06:59:43 GMT

Hi, Oracle gurus

I got performance problem on using LOV in Oracle Forms 4.0.12

The situation is:

A LOV is required to display a list of invoices which has a particular vendor. (The invoice table has about 3700 rows). I found that it takes 10+ second to return, regardless of how many rows will actually return, (ie the time require to display 1 invoice and 10 invoices is the same)

I have tested this LOV's query and from the explain plan I know it is using index range scan, so the query should not be the problem.

I read the book "Oracle Performance Tuning" and it suggest it is better to write your own (The book only discuss Forms 3, not Forms 4). But I really don't want to.

Is there any method to speed it up? Or my boss will yell at me!!

Any pointer will be strongly appreciated!!

Ken Received on Sat Nov 12 1994 - 07:59:43 CET

Original text of this message