Re: Help with full database export

From: Chaz Sliger <chaz_at_atlas.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 1994 00:47:12 GMT

In article <39mq0m$5pl_at_cnj.digex.net> pkuba_at_cnj.digex.net (Pete Kuba) writes:
>RDBMS 7.0.13 on SCO Unix
>
>A few months ago I spoke to someone on Oracle tech support regarding
>fragmentation. He said that the way to de-fragmate a database was to
>export it and then import it.
>
>If this is correct, then do I need to drop and re-create the database,
>or only drop it (and import will re-create it)?
>
>I will use the full=y option on the export.
>
>thanks in advance,
>
>-Pete

CHAZ>	You just have to drop and recreate the tables, not the
	database.  If you can isolate projects/processes onto
	tablespaces it will allow you to perform this kind of
	housekeeping while affecting only a subset of the
	users at any given time.

--

	\             ____       Chaz Sliger
	 \            ___\\        Portland, OR