Re: How to grant create owner table?

From: <jl34778_at_corp02.d51.lilly.com>
Date: 10 Nov 94 22:36:05 EST

In article <ALVINLAW.94Nov9235901_at_netcom11.netcom.com>, alvinlaw_at_netcom.com (Alvin Law) writes:
> In article <39ruoq$e19_at_news1.shell> sjs_at_shell.portal.com (Steve - Schow) writes:
>

>> Anyone know how to grant to user A the ability to create and drop tables
>> owned by user B?

> Another RTFM type answers...
>
> Oracle7(tm) Server Administrator's Guide, p.8-23,
>
> "... To create a table in another user's schema, you must have the
> CREATE ANY TABLE system privilege. Additionally, the owner of the
> table must have a quota for the tablespace that contains the table,
> or the UNLIMITED TABLESPACE system privilege."
>
> Oracle7(tm) Server Administrator's Guide, p.8-25,
>
> "... To drop a table, the table must be contained in your schema or
> you must have the DROP ANY TABLE system privilege to drop the table."
>
> --
> "And this is all I have to say about that..."

Sorry, I don't think that this is an RTFM type of question. Yes, the manual clearly indicates what ORACLE will let you do, but it is not what I want.

Granting CREATE ANY TABLE is a pretty scary privilege to give to somebody.

I would have reworded the original question to say: Can I give User A the ability to create or drop tables owned by User B, but not those owned by User C, D, E, .....

This would be very, very nice. Anyone have a solution?

--
Bob Swisshelm                | swisshelm_at_Lilly.com     | 317 276 5472
Eli Lilly and Company        | Lilly Corporate Center  | Indianapolis, IN 46285