Net connection and processes

From: David E. Farrell <defarre_at_somnet.sandia.gov>
Date: 10 Nov 1994 14:41:51 -0700

We are running Oracle 7 on a Sun S1000 and are having problems with hung processes. We are under the impression that others have experienced the same problem and that switching to SQL*NET v2 may help.

Our question is how does one match the process with the network connection? There is no associated terminal and the users are all daemon. We do ps -ef | grep T:I to see the active processes and netstat |grep orasrv to see the network connections. How do we know which connection and process go together?
Is there an easy way with existing Unix utils? Or is there a slick tool or shell script that will do it for us?
Thanks in advance.

Later...Dave Received on Thu Nov 10 1994 - 22:41:51 CET

Original text of this message